Job title: Property Administrator
Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Job description: Job Title Property Administrator
Job Description Summary Working in a fast paced team environment, the Property Administrator will be responsible for handling all aspects of the daily Accounts Payable and Receivable functions for a portfolio of Retail, Office and Industrial properties, related banking functions, month-end and year-end financial reporting. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Keys Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Manage all accounts payable and collection of receivables and input in the MRI/accounting software system
· Follow-up with delinquent tenants and report to Property Manager on a weekly basis.
· Preparation and Reconciliation of Tenant Statement of Accounts
· Process monthly summary of charges for approval by property manager
· Provide all rental notices to tenants on lease commencement and any rental increases
· Administrate purchase orders and necessary accounting documents to input in MRI and payment of all payables.
· Coding and submission of all invoices as they pertain to the respective properties.
· Review of the Rent Roll on monthly basis.
· Prepare all correspondence relating to tenant accounting.
· Distribution of yearly tenant adjustment billings and ensuring accuracy.
· Setting up of new tenants and ensuring all documentation relating to this is completed (i.e. Open For Business)
· Assists in budget preparation and monthly reporting requirements
· Review and report on monthly utility tracking information
· Assist other administrative staff with projects where required
· General filing
· Ensure timely distribution of reports / forms as required by H.O. accounting department
· Relieve receptionist for breaks on a rotating schedule with other administrative staff
· Complete other tasks as required by the Property Manager.
Skills & experience required:
The successful candidate will possess:
· Accounting Experience – preferred 3-5 years’ experience in accounts Payable / Receivable
· Strong Communication and Organizational Skills
· Basic bookkeeping and record keeping skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, EXCEL and SharePoint) and/or related accounting software programs, etc.). Previous experience with MRI and Yardi an asset.
· Excellent inter-personal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Be self-motivated, diplomatic and able to work independently
· Ability to prioritize time sensitive and, at times, heavy workload
· Flexibility to meet tight deadlines, requiring additional hours as necessary
· Willingness to accept additional responsibilities, beyond specific duties, to assist management team
· Experience in MRI is a definite asset.
· Knowledge of commercial/office/retail property management industry would be considered a definite asset.
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Must be able to provide Criminal Clearance Certificate
· College or University degree in Accounting or a related field is ideal but not required Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to [email protected] or call 416-359-2596. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Location: Garland, TX – Dartmouth, MA
Job date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 07:37:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!