Job title: Lead Teacher
Company: Childcare of Brandon
Job description: EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lead Teacher Job Summary
The Lead Teacher will be assigned to a specific classroom and will be responsible for the curriculum implementations, which includes lesson planning and child assessment. The Lead Teacher will plan and implement activities designed to promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of the children under her/his care. The Lead Teacher will also be responsible for communicating with parents and keeping them informed of their progress on a daily basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Implements the daily program for children, including the following:
- Preparation and clean-up of daily programming and activities
- Curriculum and child assessments
- Ensure children are taught to read and write in the English language
- Help children learn to think creatively, solve problems, and respect themselves and others
- Recognizes and considers the background, disabilities, special talents and interests, style and pace of learning of each child
- Understands and can articulate objectives for development and learning.
- Understands and applies child development principles; provides developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ensures learning displays are presented throughout the classroom, complete and kept current within two weeks.
- Utilizes digital technologies to communicate with parents and to facilitate intentional lesson planning.
- Implements and follows all proper supervision techniques as required by the company and state licensing.
- Guides children in a positive manner displaying friendly, affectionate, enthusiastic and caring behaviors.
- Helps with meal and snack preparation, feeding children, modeling table manners at meals.
- Ensures the classroom, including all educational materials and equipment, are organized, clean, sanitized and tour ready at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as seeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Mouthed toys are put aside and cleaned before being made available to other children.
- Conducts regular observations and assessments to plan customized weekly lesson plans that reflect the needs and interests of children in the class.
- Enters observation data for each child into GOLD and Tadpoles portfolios at least twice a month.
- Lead conferences with parents twice a year per the school calendar. Provides daily written/oral feedback to parents.
- Interacts with children on the playground/classroom taking part in activities that include bending, stooping, jumping, kneeling, standing for long periods of time, and other appropriate physical activities.
- Provides exceptional customer service to the families and children we serve, which includes maintaining strict confidentiality regarding children and families.
- Greet every family, child and visitor who enters the school/classroom with a warm and sincere welcome. Assist parents at drop off and pick up times. Acknowledge all departing families, children, and visitors with a farewell. Respond to all questions and requests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Works to prevent injuries and accidents; follows all procedures related to injuries and accidents if one should occur. Reports child injuries and hazards promptly to the Director/Member of management.
- Required to attend all staff training sessions, meetings, and programs sponsored by the School; this is mandatory not optional.
- Participates in QRIS and/or accreditation goals and performs the associated classroom requirements to meet those goals where applicable.
- Role models to children and other staff members appropriate conduct.
- Models effective teaching practices for other teachers.
- Expected to close and/or open assigned classroom.
- Regular attendance required, as described in the employee handbook.
- Reports suspected child abuse/neglect to local child protective agency/hotline as mandated by state law.
- Performs other related duties as requested by a member of management.
LOCATION: FL, Riverview, Missouri
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: We are so glad you are interested in becoming a part of the Childcare of Brandon family.
At Childcare of Brandon we believe children are not one-size-fits-all.
Every child learns in their own unique way, at their own pace and has different needs and abilities. As a result, we utilize a curriculum, which nurtures your child’s natural abilities using empowering educational pathways customized to meet the needs of each child.
Whatever needs a child may have, we will work as a team to find a solution for that!
We are committed to preparing young children for school and life.
We will provide a safe, nurturing, learning environment.
Our ethical character defines our dedication to instilling lifelong skills within each child.
We will form the foundation of our learning-centered program by using creative new curriculums, Common Core standards, Music, Movement, Drama and Nature programs.
Our programs will be tailored to meet the needs of the children and communities we serve.
We seek to challenge and cognitively engage our children, providing them with exciting learning opportunities throughout the day.
We encourage our teachers and staff in their continuous growth as learners through professional development programs and courses.
We will strive to provide superior customer service in all aspects of our day to day functions.
Expected salary: $28500 – 38000 per year
Location: Riverview, FL
Job date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:55:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!