Countless companies have chosen to carry out cleaning and maintenance plans, in which office cleaning stands out; The special thing about these is that each one has different characteristics or parameters that must be taken into account to do a correct cleaning job.
It is extremely necessary to learn to recognize the materials and distinguish the surfaces that are part of the offices; in this way, you make sure to adapt your cleaning plan to their needs. Likewise, this plan will determine the frequency with which cleaning and maintenance activities will be carried out.
Thus, rugs and furniture can be singled out that generally require special methods and techniques to keep them in good condition.
Commonly, carpet cleaning does not pose a real challenge for cleaning, eve some people opt to remove carpets. However, there are circumstances in which it is necessary to go to professional services that can perform deep cleaning.
To perform an impeccable job, it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- Check the carpet to determine its condition and the dirt level; you can also decide the best washing strategy.
- Before applying any method, you should dust and vacuum the carpet.
- In the same way, it is necessary to carry out a colour test, which allows you to know if the carpet fades with the cleaning products that you will use or not.
Depending on the type of carpet, the state it is in, and the level of dirt, it is necessary to apply different strategies.
The following are some of the most frequent:
This type of washing is applied to carpets with a light level of soiling.
After having thoroughly vacuumed, you are going to use a scrubbing machine. To finish, it is necessary to comb the carpet and let it dry for approximately 8 hours.
Washing with water extraction
This method is aimed at the most intense dirt.
Similar to the previous one, this one is distinguished by using a much more effective cleaning product. To finish washing, it is necessary to extract the residues, both water, and product, with a special machine.
Said special machine is also used for washing carpets that are flooded with water. The drying time is a minimum of 12 hours.
For this wash, it is necessary to carry out, initially, a traditional wash. It is recommended for those carpets with very high levels of dirt, which need a deep cleaning.
After that, a carpet washing machine is used to inject water and the cleaning product, characterized by its high level of pressure. Before drying it, you must brush the carpet and use a water extractor to remove excess water.
When it comes to cleaning office upholstery, there are many techniques. However, two of them are especially recommended:
This technique must be applied by qualified personnel since steam and rotary machines will be used.
Before carrying out this cleaning, it is suggested to vacuum the entire surface; in this way, you make sure to remove the dust particles.
Similarly, dry cleaning is done using special machines; Best of all, they are techniques that are not harmful to the environment, at the same time that they collaborate with the environmental responsibility of companies.
With this technique, you can remove dirt and stains; At the same time, you prevent the appearance of fungi and bacteria that normally produce bad odours.
Other tips for washing upholstery
- It is suggested that you frequently change the location of the furniture, so you can prevent the upholstery from marking or wearing irregularly.
- Water and ammonia solutions can be used (much like when cleaning carpets).
- Do not use too much water; they can remain sticky despite having dried.
In offices, it is very common to get different types of furniture; Depending on the material of the surface to be treated, there are different techniques.
Although you can use chemical products, the following techniques are especially recommended:
- The first and most important recommendation is to vacuum regularly. Focus especially on the cracks and crevices, the cushions, and the arms of the sofa.
- Make a mixture by shaking well: take a bottle of water, add a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid, a cap of white vinegar, and a little baking soda.
- The most appropriate thing is that you use this mixture first in an inconspicuous place. Rub it with a sponge and let it rest. If the upholstery fades when it dries, it is better not to use it; resort to professional cleaning services.
- To remove stains, use this mixture: rub with a sponge and let the dishwasher work for a few minutes. Subsequently, pass a dry cloth.
- Again, it is suggested to periodically vacuum your leather furniture.
- In an equal parts ratio, combine water and vinegar. You must only moisten the cloth with this mixture; in the same way, frequently rinse so as not to spread the dirt.
- Wipe with a dry cloth after cleaning is complete.
To carry out a correct cleaning, it is essential to determine the finish of the furniture. There are two basic recommendations:
- Start with a mild cleaner and change it according to the reaction of the furniture.
- Don’t use too much water.
The following actions can then be taken:
- To start, you must clean the dust and dirt from the wood with a rag. Ideally, do not use feather dusters for this furniture since the feathers could scratch the wood.
- The use of mineral essences to get rid of grime is ideal. However, you must test it inconspicuously to verify that it is correct to use.
- You can mix 3⁄4 cup of boiled linseed oil with 1⁄4 cup of turpentine, especially for finished furniture.
- For waxed or varnished surfaces, it’s a good idea to wipe with a cloth dipped in lemon oil.
- On the other hand, remember to apply furniture wax; in this way, you will protect non-waxed furniture.
With this guide, you will finally be able to get rid of the dirt from these objects in your offices, but remember that if you need special machines and qualified personnel, you can go to the specialized washing service to avoid any problems.
Mr. Noman Areeb is a highly influential businessman and the co-owner of an upholstery cleaning company. Being swayed by business tactics and propaganda, he graduated in business. Leading the company from the front, Noman has achieved great recognition in the society.
#Practical #Guide #Washing #Carpets #Upholstery #Furniture #Healthy